Is there any water on planet Mars?
– yes, it is finally confirmed that on planet Mars the water can be found.
Is there an air which we can breath?
– no. The atmosphere on Mars is quite different than this ours on planet Earth. But it is the most similar to ours, when compared to the other planets of the solar system. The atmosphere on Mars consists of 95% carbon dioxide, 3% nitrogen, 1.6% argon and contains traces of oxygen and water. The atmosphere is quite dusty, containing particulates about 1.5 µm in diameter which give the Martian sky a tawny color when seen from the surface.
Is the life finally confirmed on Mars?
– there are many proofs, which are showing us that there was life in very early years of the planet Mars. But these days we already know, that life conditions needs at first to have organic acids, parts and water. The science today is looking for water reservoirs, water itself, which has been finally found and confirmed. When the sampples of the soil and water will be examined, then we will be able finally confirm, if there are some bacterias, microorganisms or any other kind of micro life.
How big is planet Mars and how large is Martian surface?
– Mars is roughly half of Earth. Its surface is as large as the land areas on Earth.
How far is Mars from Earth?
– the distance varies, because both planets are orbiting the Sun and their orbits are not circles, but ellipses. The maximum distance is about 400 million kilometers and the closest distance is about 56 million kilometers. Radio signal needs 22 minutes or 3 minutes to travel the distance from Mars to Earth or vice versa.
How strong is gravity on Mars?
– the gravity on Mars is 38% of gravity on Earth.
How long is year on Mars?
– Martian year is 687 Earth days (669 sols), or 1.9 Earth years. Mars orbits about 1.5 times farther from the Sun than Earth.
How can I see colors on Mars?
– You can see colors normally like here on Earth. Of course, you must consider the amount of sunlight in that moment. For scientific purposes we perform some calibrating of images, for example here:
How many missions or probes have already reached Mars or were targeted to reach Mars?